2015 Left and 2014 Right
My garden is coming along. With a week or so of rain, I found myself having little to do but check on things and feed when it was dry. Here are a few observations:
- Birds hang around my raised garden quite a bit. See the eggs from this year and last year. I guess this will be a common occurrence.
- Something is enjoying the leaves of my sunflowers. I will have sunflowers with no leaves on their stems if I do not figure out how to beat the bugs.
- My green beans are growing, but I may have a problem harvesting them because I can’t see them all. Also, when I pick the green beans will that be all? Hell, I do not know.
They are a little bigger right now.
- I do not think I am going to have a high yield of grape tomatoes. My plant isn’t really full, just tall.
- I am going to give up on growing rosemary. I planted those seeds well over a month ago and not on sprout of anything. This will be my third time trying. Done.
- In my pot that looks like a half barrel, I thought the lush greenery was my Coleus, guess what? I am dead wrong. The coleus that I planted last year never really grew, what I have is a big ass pot of Dahlias. Yeah, they are some aggressive flowers. I planted some Nasturtiums in there as well this year and the poor things are being crowded out by the Dahlias. Shoot.
- My geraniums on one side are bigger and fuller than the ones on the opposite planter. Significantly.
See what I mean?
- The coleus I planted this year is coming along, but my big plan for a designed flower pot is dashed. I planted two packs of coleus and I can count the plants, on one hand. The lavender and gladiolas I planted only one is growing and I don’t know if it is the lavender or gladiolas.
- My red rose bush is dead. I want my money back.
- I must know get up early every morning and water or by the time I get home my plants look sick.
- Oh, my peppers are doing fine in the window inside the house. I have a few more weeks before I start putting them outside though.
Having the distraction of my garden is so good for my soul. And whether I have a banner year or not, getting the calmness it provides and peace it gives is truly priceless.